MHS 2015 Disneyland
Click here for extremely short version of the below and better viewing on Mobile phone. But everyone should read the below on a laptop/desktop PC.
Please feel free to use, copy, print any information listed here to help better your Disney trip experience.
We are heading into Disneyland on one of the busiest weekends of the year. Memorial day weekend is typically the start of the summer season and it's also a holiday weekend. To add to this already over-crowded weekend, it's the kick-off of Disney's 60th year "Diamond Celebration". The crowd level will be 10+ of 10, if that's possible. Many of you have never been to Disneyland, and the only way to go is to be prepared.
What to Expect:
Advice, warnings & preparedness:
Information You Can Use:
Apps (Google Play and iTunes):
After we arrive at the hotel, plan on getting some food, if hungry. Plan to be at 9:30 group meeting at the pool area. And the best plan after that would be to get to bed early, and depending on your chaperone, wake up time may be very early. Gates open at 6am Friday morning and there will be a giant crowd waiting to get in and it will take some time to check everyone in. So the earlier your group can agree on a time to leave the hotel, the better your day might be.
These plans are taken from http://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/touring-plans/ and altered a little to fit what might seem a little better. Chaperones can use this site to create their own plans if they so choose.
1. Today the MHS Choir performance is in DCA (Disney California Adventure map) Hollywood Backlot Stage. Choir to meet at 8:15am in front of Tower of Terror. Performance will be at 10am, there might be a picture and then everyone will have to change. So, this performance will take a 2 & 1/2 hour block of time.
2. Whole group meets to watch Parade (8:50) and Fireworks(9pm) in Disneyland. Best viewing is on Main Street, near center circle with view of the Matterhorn, click for Parade Route.
3. To be safe that you make the 8:30am meeting time, it might be wise to get in line to DCA no later than 6:30-7am.
4. Here's a plan for being in DCA park at 6am or later: http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1386886 If you don't get in early enough to ride any rides before Performance, don't worry, you'll have all day Saturday in DCA.
5. Here's Friday pt 2 schedule. http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1386906 After Performance, head to Disneyland to enjoy the the day there, Parade and Fireworks.
1. There's a 90+ min Disney Performing Arts "Soundtrack Session" Vocal Workshop this day. Meet near It's a Bugs Life ride in DCA at 4:15pm.
2. Whole group meets to watch World of Color. Times are 9 & 10:15pm.
3. This plan has you starting in DCA, but hitting the rides you may have missed because of performance. http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1387947
1. Whole group meets to watch a Fantasmic! show. Shows at 9pm & 10:45pm.
2. Gold group should be packed and ready to go at 6:30am Monday morning. This means being responsible Sunday night to make sure you are ready and get a good night sleep. Most of you will probably be getting up around 5am. Bathroom times should be limited, so if you need to shower, etc., you might consider doing it before bed to save time in the morning.
For a sample plan you can use: http://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=1327728 <---This plan covers most rides done on Friday with the exception of a few that are listed at the end of that plan. So you and your group will have to decide what they want to ride this day. Remember, the first 3-5 rides of any day are the key rides for having more time later. So make good choices.
For the Gold group, we have a VERY EARLY HOTEL DEPARTURE = 6:30am.
For Maroon group, you have a 11:45am hotel departure.
In order to get a FASTPASS, each person holding a Disneyland ticket MUST be checked into one of the parks. Someone in your group CAN NOT go into a park and get FASTPASSes for your group while everyone else comes to the park later. The person in your group that has the most knowledge of Disneyland should be your groups "FASTPASS Runner". A Runner takes the groups tickets, once everyone is in a park, and heads off to get the 1st FASTPASS. The 1st FASTPASS of each day should be Saturday (World of Color) and Sunday (Fantasmic!). Once the FASTPASS Runner collects these FASTPASSes for the corresponding day, then they should follow the plan (if your group has one) to the next ride or FASTPASS. The two shows (World of Color and Fantasmic!) are "disconnected" FASTPASSes. Meaning the rules of the FASTPASS don't apply to them. Click the link above and read about the FASTPASS system. There are tricks to help you maximize your trip which are listed in that link.